Monday, October 21, 2013

The invisible grandchild

What would you do if your spouse's mother deliberately refused to ask how her sick grandchild was doing?

When my husband's mother called him after three years of no communication to see how he was doing, she did not ask how our daughter was doing, despite the baby having a life threatening illness.  This small omission should be  a Huge wake up call to him, but it confirms what I have been saying for years.

Not only was I invisible to them during our courtship and then marriage, but now my child is also invisible.  But I just put a positive spin to it all.  God keeps from us anything and anyone who will cause us harm.  By protecting us from evil thoughts, wishes, and desires that others may have for us, leaves us open for peace, joy, and success to enter.  Here is a perfect example of what I mean......

Talk about freaky-- I've had this little card with a boat on the front that reads, "Thinking of you" and inside the card it says Hope--"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.  With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream. If you have hope, you have everything."  A couple of days ago, I turned the card over to see where it came from, would you believe it's from Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.  I've had this card for years.  BEFORE Giza was diagnosed with cancer.  It's as if God knew and was preparing me, and letting me know, He would be with me.  I just can't believe it.

Turn your situation around by believing in good.  Trust that good will come and success will be yours.  I can't promise how long, but I will be in agreement with you that God will send it your way.









1 comment:

  1. You started the article by giving life to a negative action, you did end the article on a positive note, so my advice is stick to the positive and don't let the negative actions of other people that you can't control bother you.

    ReplyDelete